Calling all scout and troop leaders!
Are you interested in your troops earning a Port of Los Angeles scout patch AND a chance to tour the LA Waterfront on a free harbor boat tour?
On April 1, the Port of Los Angeles will commence its Scout program, where all Boy and Girl Scout Troops are invited to earn their Port of Los Angeles patches. To qualify for a Port of Los Angeles patch, troops must complete the following:
· Be a member of a Girl Scouts Troop (Brownie, Junior, Cadette, Senior or Ambassador), Boy Scouts Troop, or Cub Scout Pack;
· Visit at least two of the following field trip locations in/around the LA Waterfront:
o Banning Museum, 310-548-7777
o Cabrillo Marine Aquarium, 310-548-7562
o Drum Barracks Civil War Museum, 310-548-7509
o Los Angeles Marine Institute Tall Ships, 310-833-6055
o Los Angeles Maritime Museum, 310-548-7618
o Marine Mammal Care Center, 310-548-5677
o SS Lane Victory, 310-519-9545
o USS IOWA, 877-446-9261
· Print and complete the Troop Leader Stamp Sheet by obtaining Port of Los Angeles Scout Stamps from two of the above locations anytime between April 1 – May 31, 2019;
· Ensure all troops take the Scouting at the Port of Los Angeles Scout Quiz. (Tip: Answers can be found on the Port of Los Angeles website at portoflosangeles.org). The troop leader is responsible for ensuring that their scouts complete this quiz;
· Email completed Stamp Sheet to [email protected] or fax to (310) 547-4611.
Once complete, the Port of Los Angeles will mail scout patches to the troop leader. Troops that complete the Stamp Sheet will also be entered into a drawing for a FREE harbor boat tour on Scout Day – Saturday, June 8.
Deadline for Scout Day entries is June 3, 2019; late entries will not be accepted.
For all questions, please call (310) 732-3960 or email [email protected].