VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR THE
LA FESTIVAL OF SAIL 2008
SAN PEDRO, Calif. — August 4, 2008 — With more than a dozen tall ships, including the U.S. Coast Guard Eagle, on display at the Port of Los Angeles from Friday, August 15 through Sunday, August 17, lots of volunteers are needed to assist with this event. The Los Angeles Maritime Institute is actively seeking people willing to volunteer and are offering an opportunity to win a cruise to Mexico for those who sign up.
New and experienced volunteers are needed to work minimum four-hour shifts at the Festival to assist on shore or with the ships.
Duties may include:
- Working with ship liaisons
- Hospitality for visiting crew members
- Running nautical demonstrations & entertainment
- Staffing booths & providing information to visitors
- Selling souvenirs, tickets & programs
- Assisting the public to board ships
- Assisting with Youth Educational Activities
- Running Errands
Groups and clubs are encouraged to volunteer as a team.
Volunteer orientation meetings will take place on Sunday, August 10 at the Port of Los Angeles Administration Building (425 S. Palos Verdes St., San Pedro, 90731). For more information call (888) LAMI-808 or (310) 833-6055. For more information on the Festival of Sail LA 2008, see www.lafestivalofsail.info or www.portoflosangeles.org.