ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW FOR LA FLEET WEEK® SEPT. 1-4
Final Event & Aircraft Flyover Schedule Released,
Details on What to Expect
SAN PEDRO, Calif. - Aug. 31, 2017 - Looking for something to do this Labor Day Weekend? LA Fleet Week® on the LA Waterfront Sept. 1-4 is an event not to be missed. Celebrating the U.S. armed forces, this year’s LA Fleet Week is gearing up to welcome more than 1,300 active military personnel visiting from the U.S. Sea Services (Navy, Marines and Coast Guard) and Royal Canadian Navy. Since last year's inaugural event attracted more than 200,000 visitors, event organizers are advising to "know before you go" and plan ahead:
· Navigating the event - LA Fleet Week is a free public event with lots to see. However, a government-issued identification is required for those 18 years and older to enter pavilions or ship tours. Items allowed into the event are also strictly limited, and all persons entering the event pavilions or ships will be subject to strict security procedures.
o What to bring/not to bring to the event
o Public transportation and event parking
· Join us for a ship tour - Free guided public tours of visiting military ships are available either by previously booked online reservations or on a first-come, first-serve walk-up basis each day of the event.
o List and details about participating ships
o Important ship tour restrictions and policies
· Make the most of your visit - LA Fleet Week will include military, first-responder and STEM displays and demonstrations, live entertainment daily, free evening concerts, Saturday night fireworks, food trucks, a Labor Day Conquer the Bridge 5.3-mile run and “Victory Breakfast,” a celebrity chef-judged “Galley Wars” culinary competition between Navy, Marines, Coast Guard and Royal Canadian Navy, and much more!
o Detailed schedule of events
o Event site map
· Keep an eye to the sky - Regular aircraft flyovers as well as first responder and search-and-rescue demonstrations will take place in the skies above the event throughout the weekend. Aircraft from the U.S. Coast Guard, L.A. City Fire Department, L.A. County Fire Department, L.A. County Sheriff and the L.A. City Police Department will participate.
o Aircraft Flyover participants and schedule
· Make a weekend of it - In addition to LA Fleet Week activities, the LA Waterfront is home to many other permanent attractions, historical sites, restaurants and shops. Consider taking some time to see all the LA Waterfront has to offer while visiting LA Fleet Week.
o LA Waterfront "Things to Do"
In addition to the LA Fleet Week website, event developments are being announced on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter as @LAFleetWeek, or can be tracked on social media using #LAFleetWeek2017.
LA Fleet Week major sponsors include American Airlines, Andeavor, The Annenberg Foundation, Bob Hope USO, Clyde & Company, Delta Airlines, East West Bank, F&M Bank, Liberty Creek Wines, NBCUniversal, UPS and US Bank. Providing overall leadership and guidance for the event is the LA Fleet Week Leadership Council, comprised of community leaders in various sectors who are dedicated to supporting and advancing the mission of the annual LA Fleet Week event.