LOS ANGELES HARBOR HOLIDAY AFLOAT PARADE
CELEBRATES 54TH YEAR AT THE PORT OF LOS ANGELES
SAN PEDRO, Calif. – November 30, 2016 – The Los Angeles Harbor communities of San Pedro and Wilmington will celebrate the free and festive 54th Annual Los Angeles Harbor Holiday Afloat Parade on Saturday, December 3, at 6 p.m., along the LA Waterfront at the Port of Los Angeles. Celebrating this year’s theme of Hollywood at the Harbor, Jaina Lee Ortiz, co-star of Fox 11’s television series “Rosewood,” will preside as Grand Marshal of the parade.
Sponsored by the Port of Los Angeles, the Los Angeles Harbor Holiday Afloat Parade starts in the East Basin near Banning’s Landing Community Center in Wilmington and takes approximately 90 minutes to cover the entire parade route through the Los Angeles Main Channel. Officials and community leaders will take part in the parade as judges or passengers on approximately 60 participating vessels of all shapes and sizes, from tugboats to tall ships.
Spectators may view the procession from several points along the LA Waterfront, including:
- Banning’s Landing Community Center, 100 E. Water Street, Wilmington
- Cruise Ship Promenade, Harbor Boulevard and Swinford Street, San Pedro
- Battleship IOWA, 250 S. Harbor Blvd, San Pedro
- Downtown Harbor, 504 S. Harbor Blvd, San Pedro
- Ports O’ Call Village, 1100 Nagoya Way, San Pedro
- 22nd Street Landing, 141 W. 22nd Street, San Pedro
- SS Lane Victory, 3600 Miner Street, San Pedro
- Holiday Harbor – Cabrillo Marina, 285 Whalers Walk, San Pedro
Before the parade at 4 p.m., viewers are invited to enjoy holiday festivities at Banning’s Landing Community Center in Wilmington. Home viewers may also watch the parade on Los Angeles CityView Channel 35. For air times, visit www.lacityview.org. For more information about the Los Angeles Harbor Holiday Afloat Parade, visit laharborholidayafloat.org.