Port of Los Angeles 2018-2022 Strategic Plan
The 2018-2022 Strategic Plan provides a roadmap for assuring the Port’s competitiveness and ongoing future success. The five-year plan guides Port activities, decisions and operations, measured against key performance indicators.
We are America’s Port® - the nation’s #1 container port and the global model for security, sustainability, and social responsibility.
We deliver value to our customers by providing superior infrastructure and promoting efficient operations that maintain our essential role in the nation’s economy and transportation network as North America’s preferred gateway and a catalyst for job growth.
World-Class Infrastructure that Promotes Growth
- Initiative 1 - Develop key near-term cargo-related infrastructure projects.
- Initiative 2 - Develop a plan with the LA Department of Water and Power to deliver electricity generation and transmission infrastructure to support the Port’s long-term power needs.
- Initiative 3 - Identify and plan for other long-term infrastructure and transportation needs.
A Secure, Efficient and Environmentally Sustainable Supply Chain
- Initiative 1 - Implement security and public safety strategies that support goods movement and mitigate risk.
- Initiative 2 - Facilitate supply chain efficiencies and terminal velocity with supply chain partners.
- Initiative 3 - Develop strategies and tactics for delivering the 2017 Clean Air Action Plan and meeting its commitments.
Improved Financial Performance of Port Assets
- Initiative 1 - Increase cargo revenue by attracting new volumes and establishing long-term volume commitments and additional lines of business.
- Initiative 2 - Increase the utilization of port facilities.
- Initiative 3 - Ensure that port properties are revenue efficient and reflect current land values and market- based compensation.
Strong Relationships with Stakeholders
- Initiative 1 - Deliver key LA Waterfront development projects on time and on budget; attract visitors to the LA Waterfront; and identify other public investment opportunities.
- Initiative 2 - Promote stakeholder awareness and engagement with the Port.
- Initiative 3 - Make the Harbor Department the employer of choice by promoting excellence and providing opportunities for professional development.
For more detail, click here to view the complete document.