About TraPac Inc.
(Berths 136-147)TraPac, Inc. is a container terminal operator and vessel stevedore that provides port terminal services to the U.S. West Coast. TraPac, Inc. has been a Port of Los Angeles tenant since 1987. Based in Wilmington (Los Angeles), TraPac also has terminals at the Port of Oakland and Jacksonville Port Authority (JAXPORT).
The TraPac On-Dock Rail Yard, also known as the Trapac Intermodal Container Transfer Facility, serves the 209-acre (85-hectare) container terminal and is the Port’s newest and most technologically advanced on-dock rail facility at the Port of Los Angeles. The automated high-tech rail yard uses an integrated network of laser, differential global positioning system (DGPS) and magnetic technologies to operate state-of the-art rail-mounted gantry cranes that transfer containers to and from rail cars. The infrastructure includes:
- 8 working tracks on concrete ties, each approximately 2,600 feet long
- Loading and staging tracks totaling approximately 16,200 feet (4,938 meters)
- A 136-foot gauge rail-mounted gantry crane rail foundation
- The rail yard is equipped with a Train-In-Motion system
- Automatic rail switches
- Compressed-air system to charge rail car brakes