The Port of Los Angeles is committed to providing a fair, objective selection process for all contracts, including proposals, agreements, and procurement opportunities. The Port actively seeks the participation of all qualified vendors, consultants and contractors in the Port’s contracting processes in conformance with all City/Department policies and procedures, while adhering to the highest standards of ethical conduct.
1. Register with Los Angeles Business Assistance Virtual Network (LABAVN)
Register with LABAVN
2. Register for a Business Tax Registration Certificate (BTRC)Any individual or entity conducting business activities within the City of Los Angeles is required to apply for and obtain a Business Tax Registration Certificate with the City of Los Angeles, Office of Finance.
Register for BTRC
3. Gather Insurance DocumentationEvidence of insurance may be submitted at the time of proposal or application. A letter from your insurance broker will suffice during the bidding and application phase. This letter should state that the broker has reviewed the insurance requirements and documents of the RFP or application, and can confirm you will be able to comply with the insurance requirements should you be awarded the contract. This letter should be attached to and submitted with your proposal or application. Insurance must be submitted through the required electronic submission process at KwikComply.
4. Join the Los Angeles Business PortalThe Business Portal was designed to be a comprehensive resource to help you get your business off the ground — from how to register your business to how to access the resources available to you to help you succeed and grow.
Join LOS ANGELES Business Portal
Small Businesses/Very Small BusinessesThe Port of Los Angeles defines a small business as an independently owned and operated business that is not dominant in its field and meets criteria set forth by the Small Business Administration in Title 13, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 121 [sba.gov].
The Port of Los Angeles has a Small Business Enterprise (SBE) Program that is applicable to Port of Los Angeles construction and professional services contract awards. The Port is committed to small businesses, and recognizes that this significant community resource can contribute to the growth of the Port of Los Angeles and provide economic benefits for the City of Los Angeles. The Port of Los Angeles has set an overall goal of 25% for small business participation in Port contracts, including 5% Very Small Business Enterprise participation.
- Learn more about the Small Business Enterprise Program
- Apply for the Proprietary Small Business Enterprise Certification
- A small business that has average annual gross receipts of $5,000,000 or less within the previous three years, or
- A small business manufacturer with 25 or fewer employees.
Local BusinessesIn addition to providing opportunities for small businesses, the Port of Los Angeles is committed to maximizing opportunities for local and regional businesses, as well as encouraging local and regional businesses to locate and operate within the Southern California region. It is the Port's policy to support an increase in local and regional jobs. The Port's Local Business Preference Program aims to benefit the Southern California region by increasing jobs and expenditures within the local and regional private sector.
Vendors and SuppliersIn submitting a bid to the Port of Los Angeles, bidders agree to general terms and conditions and required insurance coverage. All bids must be submitted in hard copy, either by mail, courier or delivered in person, to the Port of Los Angeles Contracts and Purchasing Division located at 500 Pier "A" Street in Wilmington. Office hours are from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., and appointments are recommended. Electronic or faxed bid submissions are not accepted. Port buyers can be reached at (310) 732-3890.
View Requests for Purchasing Bids
Investors and DevelopersThose interested in acquiring Port of Los Angeles property for lease or purchase should contact the Port's Cargo and Industrial Real Estate Division at (310) 732-3860.