What is the TransPORTer?
The TransPORTer brings the story of the Port of Los Angeles to the community, teaching not only about the impact it has on the local economy, but of the importance of the Port on a global scale.
The TransPORTer is a 53-foot fully-contained truck, with mobile exhibits and displays focusing on the history, jobs, cargo, equipment, environmental programs and future of the nation’s number one container port, featuring the following exciting, hands-on activities:
- “Ship to Shore” computer simulation game TransPORTer
- Interactive map of ship and goods movements
- Electronic “guess what’s in the container” game
- “Can you spot the Port images?” aerial photo
- “Sounds of the Port” listening center