THE MAGIC OF THE HOLIDAYS COMES TO THE LA WATERFRONT
The Season Kicks Off This Week with Snow, Parades and Holiday Festivities for the Whole Family
SAN PEDRO, Calif. – Nov. 28, 2023 – From snow in Los Angeles Harbor to Santa Claus sailing down the Main Channel, there’s a flurry of entertaining and free activities planned this December for the LA Waterfront by the Port of Los Angeles, “The One Five” Councilmember Tim McOsker as well as San Pedro and Wilmington organizations.
Councilmember McOsker kicks off the holiday festivities this Friday, Dec. 1 with a Winter Wonderland event in Wilmington from 5:30-9 p.m. The holiday celebration will take place at the Wilmington Town Square (I Street and Avalon Boulevard), and feature holiday crafts, games, a marionette show and of course, snow!
Head across town Dec. 2 and 3 for the annual Holidays by the Sea event at the San Pedro Town Square (Promenade at 6th Street and Harbor Boulevard). The two-day event is being presented by the Councilmember McOsker, Port of Los Angeles, West Harbor, the San Pedro Historic Waterfront Business Improvement District (PBID) and CRAFTED at the Port of Los Angeles.
The Holidays by the Sea event schedule features:
Saturday, Dec. 2
- Annual Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony: 5:30 p.m. at San Pedro Town Square.
- Los Angeles Harbor Holiday Afloat Boat Parade: A 62-year tradition of festive lights and community spirit, from 6-8 p.m.
- Holiday Pop-Up Market presented by West Harbor: 3-8 p.m. along the San Pedro promenade near the San Pedro Town Square.
- Arts & Crafts hosted by CRAFTED: Red trolley service will run regularly between downtown parking areas and this artisan craft hub along the San Pedro Promenade. Arts & Crafts run from 5-8 p.m.
- Maritime Merriment at the Los Angeles Maritime Museum: Free hot chocolate and cookies: 5-8 p.m. with nominal entrance fee into the Museum, located at the foot of the San Pedro Town Square.
- Live entertainment, including scenes from the San Pedro City Ballet’s The Nutcracker at 5 p.m. at the San Pedro Town Square.
Also on Dec. 2, don’t miss the Victorian Christmas at The Banning Museum from noon 4 p.m.
Sunday, Dec. 3
- 43rd Annual San Pedro Spirit of the Holidays Parade, sponsored by the San Pedro Chamber of Commerce, rain or shine: 1-3 p.m.
- Holiday Pop-Up Market presented by West Harbor: 3-8 p.m.
- Winter Wonderland: 3-8 p.m. at the Town Square in front of the Los Angeles Maritime Museum
The season celebration continues on Sunday, Dec. 10 in Wilmington with its Heart of the Harbor Holiday Parade, featuring Community Grand Marshal Evelyn Hernandez and Business Grand Marshal Marathon Petroleum. The parade will run along Avalon Boulevard between F Street and M Street, kicking off at noon.
For more information, visit lawaterfront.org.