CONTINUATION OF THE APPEAL HEARING
LEVEL I COASTAL DEVELOPMENT PERMIT NO. 18-25 APPEAL
TUESDAY, APRIL 16, 2019 AT 9:00 A.M.
Cruise Terminal Baggage Handling Facility
250 S. Harbor Blvd.
San Pedro, California 90731
Board of Harbor Commissioners
President Jaime L. Lee
Commissioner Diane L. Middleton
Commissioner Lucia Moreno-Linares
Commissioner Anthony Pirozzi, Jr.
Commissioner Edward R. Renwick
1. All attendees must go through security screening.
2. No signs or demonstrative objects allowed in the meeting room including but not limited to noise making devices, balloons, and flags on poles.
3. Everyone is to follow the instructions of uniformed officers, who are here to keep everyone safe and the meeting orderly.
4. No Public Comment - The hearing was closed on March 21, 2019, therefore there will be no opportunity for public comment at this meeting. Meaning no oral testimony will be heard and no written materials will be accepted.
5. No food or drink is allowed inside the meeting room.
6. No weapons of any kind including but not limited to knives and pepper spray.
7. No audible outbursts will be tolerated.
8. A person who exits the building must go back through the main entrance for screening.
The continuation of the live appeal hearing can be heard at: (213) 621-2489 (Metro), (818) 904-9450 (Valley), (310) 471-2489 (Westside) and (310) 547-2489 (Harbor).
As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities.Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, and translation services may be provided.To ensure availability, 72-hour advance notice is required.Contact the Commission Office at (310) 732-3444.
Interpretes de señas, sistemas auditivos y servicios de traducciones están disponibles.Para asegurar disponibilidad, se requiere solicitarlos con 72 horas de anticipación.Para hacer la solicitud, llame a la oficina de la Comisión al (310) 732-3444.
ORDER OF BUSINESS
A. Roll Call
B. Deliberation by the Board of Harbor Commissioners
Pursuant to the California Coastal Act of 1976 as amended and the Port of Los Angeles’ certified Port Master Plan, notice is hereby given to all interested persons and organizations that the Los Angeles Board of Harbor Commissioners (Board) will hold on April 16, 2019 the continuation of the appeal hearing of the:
Level I Coastal Development Permit No. 18-25
Landside Infrastructure to Operate Battery-Electric Powered Equipment
In accordance with Section 6.0 Development Guidelines and specifically, Section 6.6.1 of the Port Master Plan, the Board will reconvene to continue the appeal hearing on April 16, 2019 at 9:00 a.m., located at the Cruise Terminal Baggage Handling Facility, 250 S. Harbor Blvd., San Pedro, CA 90731 (gray dome adjacent to the Battleship IOWA).
Note: The public hearing was held and closed on March 21, 2019, meaning all evidence both oral and written has been received. Consequently, no public comment will be heard at this proceeding nor any additional written submissions accepted. The purpose of the continuance is for the Harbor Board to deliberate and vote on the issue of whether or not Coastal Development Permit No. 18-25 was issued consistent with the certified Port Master Plan and the California Coastal Act (Master Plan § 6.7.3).
The staff report and recommendation on the appeal, public comments submitted prior to the close of the March 21, 2019 public hearing, and the recording of the March 21, 2019 public hearing are available for review by visiting the Port of Los Angeles website, www.portoflosangeles.org.
APPEAL ISSUE: The issue for this hearing and the question for the Board’s consideration is whether or not the CDP was issued consistent with the certified Master Plan and the California Coastal Act (Master Plan § 6.7.3).