The following resources are available for elementary, middle, and high school teachers:
School Boat Tour Program
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Port of Los Angeles has closed the school boat tour program indefinitely. Please direct all inquiries to [email protected]. Thank you for your understanding.
The Port of Los Angeles provides free one-hour educational tours aboard Harbor Breeze Cruises boats to school groups (fourth grade through college) to demonstrate the dynamics of world trade through the School Boat Tour Program. For more information, call (310) 732-3960 or email [email protected].
- School Boat Tour Program FAQs
- Reserve a boat tour
- Get bus subsidy information (LAUSD)
- Get bus subsidy information (Non-LAUSD)
- Get directions to the dock
- Make a day of it
- Complete an evaluation form
- Print elementary school checklist
- Print middle school quiz
- Print middle school answer guide
- Print high school quiz
- Print high school answer guide
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Port of Los Angeles has closed the TransPORTer program indefinitely. Please direct all inquiries to [email protected]. Thank you for your understanding.
The TransPORTer is a 53-foot fully-contained truck, with mobile exhibits and displays focusing on the history, jobs, cargo, equipment, environmental programs and future of the nation’s number one container port, featuring exciting, hands-on activities. Bring the excitement and activity of the Port of Los Angeles to your school. TransPORTer visits are available to schools in the Los Angeles area. A minimum participation of 400 students is required. To book your visit, fill out the TransPORTer School Visit Request Form and email it to [email protected].
- Coalition for America's Gateways and Trade Corridors
- STEM Activity Book 2020
- LA Waterfront Map (2018)
- Port of Los Angeles Centennial Oral History Project (2007)
- Port of Los Angeles Infographic (2017)
- Think Earth Environmental Educational Curriculum
- World Trade Career Guide
- World Shipping Council Educational Tool